Slider Text Captions and slider position

Support Area Forums Progress Slider Text Captions and slider position

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    John McCauley
    Participant

Hi Bill, I dont see the text captions appear on the ipod browser, is it possible to enable this. I assume this is HTML 5 compatible.

I tried 960 and 1024 width for slide but still get a small black section on the left, cant get picture to fill in on lap top – its fine on the ipod browser –

Thx !

JOhn

Bill Robbins

John,

You can add back in the captions if you’d like to. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3. Scroll down near the bottom until you find this spot:

.flex-caption {
      		display: none;
      	}

and delete it.

4. Save your changes.

That will bring back the captions on phone sized devices.

If you don’t mind sending a link to where you’re working with the theme, I’ll be glad to take a look at the slideshow images for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Andreia Lemos
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    I need some help… In different computers I get a small black section bellow the slide images and it says : Next,
    This is to go to next or the previous image.
    In some computers this doesn’t appear it’s just fine.
    What I want is to get the slide pictures to fill in on in all the computers, I want to see the same as your theme … How can I do this?

Bill Robbins

Andreia,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your business. Could you send over a link to where you’re working with the theme so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Andreia Lemos
    Participant

Bill,
    My link is http://oficinalucas.com. But the black bar with previous and next just appears in some computers. I tried to use the image the same wmeasures of the theme but they stay too big and doesn’t fit in the space of the slide.

Bill Robbins

Andreia,

Thank you for the link (you’re site’s looking great by the way).

I took a look in Chrome, Safari and Firefox and didn’t see a black bar appearing. Could you let me know what type of computer (Mac, PC, Linux, or mobile) you’re seeing the bar in as well as what browser and version it’s showing up in. That would also help tremendously.

Thanks,
    Bill

Andreia Lemos
    Participant

Hello again Bill,
    Yes I took a look in different browsers too but it doen’t appear in all computers just in some.
    It appears in PC and it’s on internet explorer, maybe it is something to do with the screen resolution…????

Some visitors see the bar some not it depends, or it is something with the screen resolution or as you suggest is the version of the browser.

Bill Robbins

I’m still not exactly certain what the black bar actually is (and I haven’t been able to recreate its appearance just yet), but here’s an idea of perhaps how we can address it.

1. Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    2. At the top of the page, select “yes” to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom until you see a box labeled “Custom CSS” and paste this into that box:

ol.flex-control-nav,
      ul.flex-direction-nav {
      	display: none;
      }

4. Update your settings.

Hopefully that will help. If it doesn’t let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Andreia Lemos
    Participant

Well Bill problem solved… the bar with previous and next doensn’t appear anymore.
    The code you gave me solved the problem.

Thanks for your extraordinary help and congratulations for your good work and fast, excellent support.

Enjoy your weekend too,
    Andreia 🙂

Bill Robbins

That’s great news Andreia!

We’re in the process of redoing our site and creating a showcase of sites using our themes and we’d love to include yours if you’re open to it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Andreia Lemos
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    Of course you can use it. This way I can somehow give back to you all the help you gave me with this problem.

Thanks again :).

Bill Robbins

Awesome. Thank you so much 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider Text Captions and slider position’ is closed to new replies.