Slider sizing issue

Support Area Forums Agency Slider sizing issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeff Mangen
    Participant

Bill-

Its been a while since I’ve had to change anything with my Agency Theme Slider. I’m talking years. I’ve got to add an image. I’ve resized it to 960×448 and its still not uploading. What am I missing? I’ve looked through the forums and reread the instructions. I feel I’m missing something. “Sorry, but this image does not meet the minimum height/width requirements. Please upload another image” is the error message I get no matter what I resize images too. I see that now the slider works via the media tab. Do I need to re-upload my images that way instead of through the slider upload feature?

Thanks in advance Bill.

-Jeff

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

Sorry for the trouble. I think it may be the original version of the slideshow uploader that’s giving you trouble. We switched away from it a few years ago, and it’s quite possible that it’s no longer working.

There are a couple of options for you to consider. You can download the current version of the theme from the list on the right and then install it into your site. That’s one option.

The other would be to replace the slideshow function with one that’s hopefully more updated for you. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose functions.php and find this spot:

// include jquery from Google
      if( !is_admin()){
         wp_deregister_script('jquery'); 
         wp_register_script('jquery', ("http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.3/jquery.min.js"), false, '1.4.3'); 
         wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
      }

and delete it if it exists. Then find this:

// include header slide show
      include(TEMPLATEPATH."/includes/ot-cycle.php");

and delete those lines too.

3. Next edit footer.php and delete this line (if it’s there):

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.cycle.all.min.js"></script>

4. Next edit the home.php file and replace this:

<?php ot_cycle(); ?>

with this:

and save your changes.

5. Then install/activate the WP Cycle plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-cycle/).

That should add in a new page in the Media section of your WordPress control panel called WP Cycle where you can upload your slideshow images.

If I can get the testing finished, we should have a new version of Agency out this week. It has quite a few improvements and will also have automatic theme updates too.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Jeff Mangen
    Participant

Bill-

I went with the updated theme. I hadn’t even thought about the fact that you probably had a different version of the theme available. Now I’ll just have to go back and redo some of the settings I had augmented before but I’d rather have the more up to date version running. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help out. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider sizing issue’ is closed to new replies.