Slider size

Support Area Forums Live Slider size

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    sensei m
    Participant

I tried reading another support ticket on this but I got a bit confused. My pictures seem a bit stretched or not clear.
    1st i went in photoshop and sized them all to 960x(about)400px. I don’t really like the way it looks though. Should i change the sizes? and will i always have to resize each individual picture in photoshop?

Bill Robbins

WordPress can be a bit tricky in how it resizes images. With the slideshow, it’s going to try to have images that are 870 pixels wide by 430 pixels tall.

If an image is smaller than that in either height or width, you’ll end up with images that are distorted since they will be stretched to fit that space.

You can avoid using Photoshop by always using images that are larger than 870 by 430. WordPress will scale and crop them so they fit without being distorted.

Realistically though you’ll always get your best results by cropping your images to be 870 by 430 yourself. That way you can control how they are edited and make sure half of someone’s head isn’t cropped out or something similar.

If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider size’ is closed to new replies.