Slider on pages

Support Area Forums Moonrise Slider on pages

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Gisella
    Participant

Hello again!

I’m trying to figure the best way to include a photo gallery and/or slider in a few pages.

I seem to have understood that theme slider is only for home page, is this correct?
    So while reading other answers I saw you mentioning Soliloquy. I installed and it works pretty well.

The only thing I can’t understand is: if I increase height size of the slider window in Soliloquy options, on my 13″ laptop it overlaps anything written under it and the footer as well.
    Like on this page:
    http://a6f.340.myftpupload.com/il-locale/

It doesn’t happen on mobile-size version (and maybe not even on bigger screens but I can’t see it now).
    Any suggestions on how to avoid it?

Thanks!
    Gisella

Bill Robbins

Hello Gisella,

Interesting situation there. It looks like what’s happening is the slider is attempting to make the images full width (960 pixels wide). But in order to do that, it’s having to stretch them down vertically. That’s pushing the images beyond what the slider has set for it’s maximum height (460px).

Here’s what I would try. Increase the height of the slider. It looks to me that the images are ending up being 640px tall. Give that a shot and see if that won’t keep the slider from covering up the items below.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Gisella
    Participant

Ha, that’s genius – worked fine!

I would never think of increasing height, when apparent problem was…too much height!

Thanks a lot

gisella

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that did the trick, even if it’s a bit counter intuitive. Have a great day Gisella 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider on pages’ is closed to new replies.