Slider not working

Support Area Forums Bottega Slider not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Touche Harvey
    Participant

Hey,

For some reason my slider isn’t working.. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I have followed all directions..

thanks,

-Touche

Bill Robbins

Sorry for the trouble. Any chance you could send a link to where you’re working on it so I can take a closer look?

Touche Harvey
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for the link. I took a look at the source code and it looks like the theme is installed inside an extra directory. That’s causing some of the references for the javascript that powers the slideshow to be incorrect. They are appearing like this:

http://touchemultimedia.net/wp-content/themes/bodega theme/bottega/includes/ot-gallery/jquery.easing.1.3.js

when it should be like this:

http://touchemultimedia.net/wp-content/themes/bottega/includes/ot-gallery/jquery.easing.1.3.js

I’d suggest trying to install the theme again directly from the downloaded ZIP file and see if that doesn’t help.

Let me know if you have any other trouble and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Touche Harvey
    Participant

Thanks a lot!! That solved the issue….

Mike Schroeder
    Participant

Can you tell me how to get the slider on the page..coz I am not getting it on the page.
    For now I am working on localhost. If possible please let me know how to get a slider on the home page??

Bill Robbins

Mike,

It’s a bit tricky to figure out exactly what’s going on without being able to see it. Here’s what I’d try.

1. Make sure your slideshow has content. If you’re using version 2.0, then you can add slides by going to the Media section of your WordPress control panel and selecting slides. There is a quick video at http://vimeo.com/31818416 that can show you how to add a slide.

If you’re using a version prior to 2.0, the slides are taken from posts in a category you select on the theme options page. The slide image is the “featured image” for that post. Once you have posts published in that category, they should appear there.

2. It could a javascript conflict caused by a plugin not interacting well with the theme. Try turning off all plugins and see if the slideshow will work then. If it does, then turn the plugins on one by one until the slideshow stops working. Then you’ll know exactly where the conflict is.

3. If neither of those work, view the development site on your local computer and view the source code of it. Copy all the code and then paste it at gist.github.com. Then paste a link to that “Gist” here and I’ll take a look at it and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Let me know what you turn up.

Mike Schroeder
    Participant

Thanks! It worked but i used an easing slider which i thought worked with my images but there’s one more problem am facing is that I am getting quiet a lot of space between my slider and posts. So how can i fill in the space with some content on it. If possible can you let me know. And also can i know how to upload the WP files on gist so that you can have a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider not working’ is closed to new replies.