Slider Not Loading

Support Area Forums Bottega Slider Not Loading

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Robin Moss
    Participant

Bill,

I appreciate your help in advance. I’m getting thrown into this after the fact so bare with me. I’m loath to update the site (It is running WP 3.7.1) and I’m not sure what version of Bottega it is running, but the slider takes forever to load. I noticed in the forum that you said there were issues with it loading in 3.8 so that wouldn’t solve my problem.

The slides themselves are quite small (39 K) so that can’t be the issue. I was wondering if there had been any updates to the theme. I am running a child theme so updating the theme shouldn’t be an issue (at least I don’t think it should be an issue).

Thank you,

Robin

Bill Robbins

Robin,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. What’s the URL to your site?

Thanks,
    Bill

Robin Moss
    Participant

Bill,

Thank you, the developer who worked on the site is now on to other things so I have taken over…. the site is:

http://uptownpubdallas.com

Thank you!

Robin

Bill Robbins

Thanks Robin. That’s a nice looking site you have there. The slider is set to start functioning once the page is finished loading. So often times it can be an indicator of other problems.

I took a look at your site’s loading with Pingdoom Tools (http://fpt.pingdom.com#!/ejKTQG/http://uptownpubdallas.com) which reported a load time of 60 seconds (it stops counting then).

Everything loaded quickly except for a reference to virtualearth.net, which is part of Bing maps. My guess is that perhaps something has changed in the map from Bing after it was originally embedded and it’s not loading properly anymore. You might try updating your map’s embed code or switching services to see if that will speed things up.

You can turn off the slideshow beginning only once the page has loaded if you’d like to. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. In the top right hand corner, choose the Bottega theme from the drop-down menu.
    3. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php
    4. Find this spot:

jQuery(window).load(function() {
      		jQuery('.flexslider').flexslider({
      			animation           :	"<?php echo of_get_option('type','') ?>",
      			slideshow           :	<?php echo of_get_option('auto','') ?>,
      			slideshowSpeed      :	<?php echo of_get_option('duration','') ?>,
      			animationDuration   :	<?php echo of_get_option('transition','') ?>,
      			directionNav        :   <?php echo of_get_option('prev_next','') ?>,
      			controlNav          :	false,
      			pauseOnAction       :   true,
      			smoothHeight        :   true,
      			pauseOnHover        :	true,
      			useCSS              :   true,
      			touch               :   true,
      			video               :   true,
      		});
      	});

5. Replace that with this:

Be sure to load that from the support site directly and not via email.

6. Save your changes.

That won’t fix the loading from Bing though. The page would still register as loading, but that might speed things along a bit.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider Not Loading’ is closed to new replies.