Slider images have disappeared

Support Area Forums Epic Slider images have disappeared

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.stjohnsstonyridge.net
  • Author
    Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Hello,

We updated the slider images today through the ‘slide’ page, and now the slider appears to be broken. Since WordPress had been updated recently, I searched your site and installed the plugin “jQuery Update” that you provided, but that did not seem to fix it. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    Melanie

Bill Robbins

Hello Melanie,

Sorry for the trouble there. Let’s try this. It looks like the site is running WordPress 3.7.1. If you can, update to the current version 3.9. Then clear out your browser’s cache and refresh your site. See if that won’t cause things to load back like they should. If that doesn’t do the trick, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for the quick response. When I log-in to the admin page it tells me we are running version 3.9. I re-downloaded WordPress and updated the files via ftp to make sure, then dumped my cache and refreshed the site. I’m still not seeing any images in the slider.

Bill Robbins

Hey Melanie,

I took a look again, and that seems to have moved things closer. The source code for your site is now showing that you’re running WordPress 3.8.1 (see attached screenshot).

The reason I ask about 3.9, is there was an update to one of the scripts that’s bundled with WordPress in that version. That’s the script that’s causing the trouble here for you.

I’m not sure why it’s still showing 3.8.1. I did take the source code for your site and replaced that script with the one from the demo and the slideshow popped up. That’s the only other difference I can spot.

Let me know what you turn up there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider images have disappeared’ is closed to new replies.