Slide show size

Support Area Forums Live Slide show size

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://
  • Author
    Al Gerdes
    Participant

In another topic, it is stated that the slideshow size for live is 870 pixels wide by 430 pixels tall.

I’ve used the new Word Press image editing tools to scale and then crop my images to 870 x 430.

Even though the Image section shows them correctly and properly sized, when the slider runs the tops of heads are sliced off, along with some of the lower portion of the slides. Apparently the slide size being shown is less than 430 tall. (I didn’t really notice on either side, just top and bottom.)

We are still on our development machine (behind a hefty firewall), so I can’t provide a link, but I’ll include screen shots.

Any ideas as to how to fix this are most appreciated.

This first image capture shows the slide as it is in the edit section of the featured image area for the slide.

Al Gerdes
    Participant

This second slide shows it as it is seen in the slide show.

Al Gerdes
    Participant

Here is one for the “lessons learned” book. No idea as to why, but the fact is that using the built in image editor and first scaling the image and then cropping leaves you with an image that for some reason is “bumped up” when seen in the slider. I verified sizes, according to the editor, as well as placement of the image (in the crop).

I took the same photographs, placed them into Adobe Illustrator (artboard set to 870 x 430) and then moved the image into position for what I was looking for (cropping plus). Saved it as .ai, but also did a ‘save for web’ into a .png. Used the resulting images (.png) in the slide show. Perfect alignment.

As I said earlier, I don’t know why but the problem result was repeated easily.

Oh well.

Thanks for your wonderful themes. They have kickstarted several of my latest endeavors…

Take Care

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Al,

Sorry for the trouble there. The built in image editor can be handy if you need to resize and image to add to a page or post’s content, but it does not seem to affect the crop of the image sizes that are generated by WordPress when an image file is uploaded.

I haven’t tested this out, but if you run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin on the image after it’s cropped, it might work then. I can’t say for certain, but that’s a good possibility.

Personally, I just edit everything in Photoshop before uploading. That way I can get the dimensions I want and also adjust the file size to give me the smallest file possible while still looking good.

Have a great week and let me know if you need anything else,
    Bill

Al Gerdes
    Participant

I am looking forward to the day that I can take a photo (phone or camera) send it directly to the site and then edit it without having to take it out to Photoshop or Illustrator first.

Until then…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Slide show size’ is closed to new replies.