Slide Show on Facebook page

Support Area Forums Authentic Slide Show on Facebook page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Tom Howard
    Participant

The Home Page slide show is not showing up on my Facebook page. Can you help me with this? http://www.hapevillefbc.com/wp

Thanks.

Tom Howard
    Participant

hapevillefbc.com/wp/facebook

Bill Robbins

Tom,

Thank you for your business and sorry about the trouble. That looks like a bug. Here’s how to squash it:

1. Go to the appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose scripts.php and look for this spot:

if ( is_home() ) {
      		wp_enqueue_script('flex');
      }

3. Replace that with this:

wp_enqueue_script('flex');

4. Save your changes.

That should fix things for you. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Tom Howard
    Participant

Wonderful! Thanks for the help! (I love WordPress and this theme. Thanks for introducing me to designing websites with WordPress themes).

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help. If you need anything else, just let me know.

acts410
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Since I just downloaded “Authentic” yesterday, will I need to do the above as well in order for the slideshow to appear?

Thanks!
    lisa 🙂

Bill Robbins

Lisa,

You should be good to go. That change was added to the theme in version 1.3.5 (I think you’re using 1.3.6).

If you have trouble, let me know,
    Bill

acts410
    Participant

Hi again,

I’m having tremendous trouble. 🙁 I followed the instructions that were on the basic set-up, but I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    lisa

Bill Robbins

Lisa,

Ah Facebook. The reason why there aren’t more current tutorials on our site or most other on how to add custom tabs is they change the method constantly. Every time I update the instructions, they alter what you have to do.

So frustrating.

Sometimes Facebook doesn’t even have documentation.

Here’s what it appears you’ll need to do at the moment to create your tab. Go do developers.facebook.com and create a developer account if you don’t have one just yet. Once you do, click “Apps” in the navigation bar and then the “+ New App” button.

Fill in your Apps name and the “namespace” you’d like to have. Answer the Captcha and you’ll be ready to go.

Next fill in some basic information about your app and choose “Page Tab” for the app type. That will give you new options to fill out.

Once that’s done, you can create the app. To add the app, go to the Facebook page where you’d like to add it. Click the Box where you’d like to add the app and select “Find More Apps.” That will take you to an app center. At the top left there is a link for “My Apps.” Click it and you’ll find the apps you’ve authorized as well as the ones you’ve created.

Find the app you made for your tab and select it. It may take a while for it to show up. The last time I did this, I had to wait about half a day.

Hopefully that will get you going in the right direction. If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

acts410
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you VERY much for all of your investigative and interpretation skills being put to work. I’ll be giving this a try in the morning and hopefully it will work out! I appreciate the information.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Slide Show on Facebook page’ is closed to new replies.