slide show, alignment , staff page

Support Area Forums Agency slide show, alignment , staff page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://prnstaffingsolutionsllc.com/
  • Author
    Luke Heights
    Participant

Hello,
    I want my slide show to come up at the bottom of the page. I’ve currently used a widget text box and put 1 images (a staff member) with their quote. I like the way this looks since it isn’t an entire slide across the entire screen. Is it possible to have the same effect with the theme slideshow bottom and smaller in size?
    I’m not sure if the staff page would work, since any user coming to the site would have to click on that particular page and the effect I have now is what I want (since it will be on every page.)
    The limitation with the widget text box I put, that I like is that it isn’t a slide show and doesn’t rotate.

Thanks and sorry if this is confusing.

Luke Heights
    Participant

what size should the logo be?

Bill Robbins

Hey Luke,

It would probably be easier to use a slider plugin than the one that’s built into the theme. You might try Soliloquy (https://wordpress.org/plugins/soliloquy-lite/). It lets you insert sliders via a shortcode. You could place the shortcode into a text widget to have it in a widget area.

That would be much easier than moving the header slideshow someplace else.

There is some flexibility in terms of logo size. I would suggest making it 410 pixels wide or less so there is some space between the logo and navigation menu.

Take care,
    Bill

Luke Heights
    Participant

Thank you for the information and I will try that plugin you mentioned. I’ll keep you posted!

I uploaded several logo sizes and each one seems to ‘cover up’ part of the text on that page. I must be doing something wrong here. Note: you are a registered user on that site so you should be able to log in if you like.

Thx

Bill Robbins

If the logo is covering up some of the page content, it’s probably a bit too tall. I would keep the height under 140 pixels tall to make sure it doesn’t obscure the content.

See how that works out.

Luke Heights
    Participant

pixels on the logo is at 90

Bill Robbins

If you don’t mind leaving the image logo turned on, I’ll be glad to take a look for you.

Luke Heights
    Participant

i got it, thanks

Bill Robbins

Hey Luke,

There’s also an option you can use to move the logo higher if you’d like to. That will help you have a larger logo and keep it from overlapping your content. It’s on the Styling tab there and is labeled “Logo Position: Top.” If you’ll use a negative number there it will move the logo higher (like -20px for example).

Bill

Luke Heights
    Participant

the logo is white, can you please suggest a color scheme that will work with the logo?

Bill Robbins

I think the colors are good. I would add a bit of space to the left and right hand side so the text doesn’t hit the edge of the white.

I’d also make the tagline smaller, say 16px or so. That way you’ll have room for a slightly larger logo. That’s what I would do here at least.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘slide show, alignment , staff page’ is closed to new replies.