Slide Customization Bugs

Support Area Forums Elite Slide Customization Bugs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ray Wong
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m unable to individually customize the Hero Titles and Captions in my slides. When I change one of my slides, it changes all of them. Once this happens, when I try to fiddle with colours and background colours, it doesn’t always respond to the changes.

Also is there a way to position the text in different spots on the slide. Right now it just stretches all the way across the page.

Thanks,
    Ray

Ray Wong
    Participant

I’ve also tried to install the plugin fix you suggested. But it doesn’t do anything. Maybe I installed it wrong? I just copied over the existing query.js file with the older one you provided.

Bill Robbins

Ray,

Sorry for the trouble there. You won’t need the jQuery fix plugin. It was for customers using older themes that they didn’t want to update. You should be in good shape without it.

Sorry for the separate slide color trouble. I do see that. Here’s how you can change it yourself. I’ll also release a theme update today that will fix it.

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose hero-options.php
    3. Replace everything in that file with this:
    4. Save your changes.

I believe that will take care of it for you. If you run into any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Ray Wong
    Participant

Thats great Bill! It works now!

Is there any way to customize the placement of the hero titles/text in the slides? Right now its always vertically centered and stretches all the way across the page. But based on the various full screen images, I would need to customize the placement, and size and shape of the paragraph for legibility.

Thanks,
    Ray

Bill Robbins

Ray,

Sorry I forgot to include that in the earlier reply. It is possible to do that, but there isn’t a built in way to position it like there is with the colors.

Each slide has a unique ID that you can use to add some custom styling to it. To find the ID, edit the slide and look in your browser’s navigation bar for the URL to that page. The ID will be listed there. It’ll look something like:

http://demo.organizedthemes.com/elite/wp-admin/post.php?post=7&action=edit

In that example the post=7 lets us know that 7 is the ID of the slide. You can then take that and go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#slide-7 .hero-copy {
         width: 50%;
         top: 30%;
         left: 5%;
    }

This basically sets how the content area of the slide will be sized/positioned. The width sets how much of the width of the slide will taken up by the content. The top is the distance from the top of the screen and the left is the distance from the left. You may have to experiment with those values to find the right position/fit but that’s basically how you can change the slide content.

For additional slides, just add multiple instances of that snippet and that should do it.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Ray Wong
    Participant

Amazing! That worked like a charm. Thanks so much!
    Have a great weekend.

Ray

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that worked for you. If you need anything else, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Slide Customization Bugs’ is closed to new replies.