Site Title in Progress not appearing

Support Area Forums Progress Site Title in Progress not appearing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    K
    Participant

I have two problems that I haven’t been able to figure out with the progress theme. Maybe you can provide some help.

1). Favicon is not appearing. I’ve uploaded the file, but it is still defaulting to the default.

2). The site title is note displaying in the browser when loading the page. It simply lists the webpage address.

Here is the site: http://msdachurch.org

Thanks for your help.

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all. Let’s see if we can’t help you out with your questions:

1) For your Favicon, try using a PNG or GIF file and see if that helps. The WordPress Media Library doesn’t allow ICO files to be uploaded as they are not a supported file type. Both PNG and GIF images are acceptable for favicons and they are welcomed by the Media Library so I’d try those.

2) For the site title, I use and recommend a plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast for handling page titles and descriptions. One of the plugins you’re running hijacks some of the WordPress functions that our titles use which is probably what’s causing the site URL to be displayed instead of the title. Switching to Yoast’s plugin should take care of that. There is a setting in the theme options page too that lets you turn off the built in SEO. Select that when you go with the plugin.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Title in Progress not appearing’ is closed to new replies.