Simple Drag and Drop?

Support Area Forums Church Builder Simple Drag and Drop?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://demo.organizedthemes.com/church-builder/
  • Author
    Life Alliance
    Participant

Hi there,

First off, I am not exactly new to WordPress but I am not very knowledgeable with it or with web design in general. My church recently purchased the All Theme Lifetime Package in hopes to create some simple beautiful websites. Your themes are great btw!

So, round one was a struggle working with some of the themes we originally chose for our various sites, all of this stems from our team having very little to no background in WordPress. After some thought, we noticed this new Church Builder theme which seems perfect for us. Simple drag and drop.

Right now, I can’t even figure out how to add our hero video to the homepage! And I also cannot seem to work with the drag and drop functionality. I downloaded the recommended plugins for the Church Builder theme for the live editing and such. I just have no idea how to utilize it.

I guess my wish would be, to have the Church Builder theme live demo built out, and then I could drag and drop, switching out the content/photos etc for ours.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated! Thank you much.

-Luke
    Crossing Life Church
    Windham, NH

Life Alliance
    Participant

URL TO THE PAGE IN QUESTION – http://windhamcrossing.org/

Bill Robbins

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your business first of all. I do appreciate it. You are welcome to start with the content from the demo if you’d like to. That way you can just swap out content. You can download it from the Sample Content Page (https://support.organizedthemes.com/sample-data/), or I’d be happy to install it for you. If you’d like me to do that, just make a private reply here with the login details to the site and I’ll take care of it for you.

The theme instructions at https://support.organizedthemes.com/church-builder-instructions/#section-builder have a section on using the page builder. It uses the home page from the demo as a bit of a guide. You also might look at this video from SiteOrigin, the people who created the plugin:

It’ll give you a bit of an idea of how it works.

With the Page Builder there isn’t an option at the moment for a video background for a row. It’s under development for Church Builder, Mise En Place and Finesse, but it’s not ready just yet.

What you can do is use a video widget in a row and set the widget to have 0 padding. That would give a full width video for you with the height adjusting proportionally based on the size of the video.

Let me know what you’d like to do and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Life Alliance
    Participant

Thank you so much Bill, this is helpful. I will let you know how it goes.

One other question about the video hero, I will need an image placeholder for mobile display, what is the easiest way to set up that place holder for the video?

-Luke

Bill Robbins

Hi Luke,

If you’re using a service like YouTube or Vimeo along with the video widget, you won’t need to create a placeholder. Those services provide them for you out of the box. You can host your own videos, but it’ll almost always work better to use a service like one of those.

Bill

Life Alliance
    Participant

Thanks Bill.

I am still having some problems embedding and/or using the url. When using the url in the widget I get this error: url video widget

When using the embedding option I don’t get a full wide cover of the page, looks like this: video embed

Bill Robbins

Each widget has padding in it. That’s space inside an object that creates distance between the content inside and the edge of the object.

To have the video go full width, edit the widget and look on the right hand side for the layout tab. Click on it and in the padding field enter 0 and save your changes. See if that won’t take out the space on the left and right for you.

Enjoy your Saturday,
    Bill

Life Alliance
    Participant

Thank you! I’m very impressed by your quick reply. Thanks for your help!

Life Alliance
    Participant

I am getting this error when trying to use URL for video hero: “Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/lifealliance/windhamcrossing.org/wp-includes/class-oembed.php on line 204”

In various forums it says that it could be a theme based issue. Just wanted to give you a heads-up if that is the case.

Bill Robbins

Hi Luke,

Sorry for the trouble there. That looks like a developer notice which makes me think that the site may have the debug mode turned on. You can check that this way. Use your web host’s control panel and find the file browser. Open up the root directory of your WordPress site and you’ll see a file called wp-config.php. Edit that file and look for a line like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Change the true to false and save your changes. If you don’t see that line locate this spot:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

and add that right above it, again set to false. See if that won’t take care of the message for you. Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hi Luke,

I also just published an update to the theme that should also address that message for you. I would still turn off wp_debug since this is a live site. The update should be in the updates section of your site WordPress dashboard soon.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Simple Drag and Drop?’ is closed to new replies.