Sidebar visibility & WooCommerce

Support Area Forums Forward Sidebar visibility & WooCommerce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://swedishamericanmuseum.org/2.0
  • Author
    Allison Deerr
    Participant

Hi Bill!

I’m trying to change the sidebar visibility, specifically within our webstore. I have the sidebar set for the rest of the site, however I want to display some category filter, etc in the sidebar within the Shop section and hide the widgets that are displayed throughout the rest of the site. I have tried a couple of plug-ins – including the JP widget visibility. They don’t work for the “Shop” portion. Can you help?

Allison

Bill Robbins

Hi Allison,

One of the tricky things with the actual shop page is that it isn’t an actual page in WordPress. The page that exists in the backend is really a placeholder for a post type archive. So as you’re setting visibility of widgets, make sure it goes along with the products post type or an archive instead of an actual page.

At one point in time, Jetpack’s visibility module couldn’t handle that separately, but it’s my understanding that they do have an option for post type archives now. Hopefully that will get you pointed in the right direction.

Bill

Allison Deerr
    Participant

Thanks Bill!

This worked for the individual product pages, but not for the main default shop page. As you said, its not really the shop page. However, I was able to get this to work using the WooSidebar plug-in. This works like the other plugins allowing you to adjust sidebar visibility by page or user, etc. but also has WooCommerce options built in. So if anyone ever asks this question again, thats what worked for me!

Thanks for the quick response as always,

Allison

Bill Robbins

I totally forgot they had a plugin for that. Glad to hear you’re good to go now with the sidebars 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar visibility & WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.