Sidebar on Mobile

Support Area Forums Umami Sidebar on Mobile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://sakurastpaul.com/site/
  • Author
    John Laugerman
    Participant

First off, I love this theme, clean and so modern.

I was wondering if you can move the sidebar to the bottom of a content screen when viewing on a mobile device. I don’t like that you need to scroll down because I think the user gets confused and doesn’t realize they have changed pages. I think its important to have all of that information on a mobile device since thats what people are using it for.

I did see the one post about hiding that info but I would rather move it to the bottom. Could I create a secondary box that only displays on mobile above the footer or something like that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
    ~John

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme. I read your post waiting in carpool to pick up my kids from school and I had a brainstorm about a possible way to split up the sidebar on small screens. If it works, the logo and navigation will go to the top, then the main content area followed up by widgets and the footer credits.

So far it looks good. Let me test it a bit this afternoon. If all works well, I’ll post an update to the theme with that in there.

Thanks,
    Bill

John Laugerman
    Participant

Bill.
    That’s seriously awesome. Thanks so much for the fast help!
    That would be a great idea for mobile devices since you loose everything under the fold.

thx,
    ~John

Bill Robbins

Good Morning John,

I just published the update to the theme and hopefully that will make things a bit better for everyone. Wish I had thought of this nine months ago.

Take care,
    Bill

Goran Milic
    Participant

Great Bill, I came here to make a new topic regarding the same thing and I have found this. Well done, I did update and it works fine as I can see.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic Goran 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar on Mobile’ is closed to new replies.