Sidebar not showing

Support Area Forums Live Sidebar not showing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    david mossman
    Participant

Hello there,

I am trying to get the sidebar to show on the right hand side of my website. I am not able to figure out as how to get the sidebar to show?
    Also I am trying to get custom sidebar on each page and have no idea how to do that?

Bill Robbins

David,

Thank you for your business first of all. In order to get a sidebar to be visible, you first will need to add “widgets” to it. You can find that section by going to Appearance in your WordPress control panel and selecting Widgets.

The sidebar areas in the theme are listed on your right. In “Live” there are six sidebar areas for you to use. The top one is the Default. There are three for the bottom of the home page and then one for posts and pages too.

To make a sidebar visible, first click on it’s title on the right and then drag a widget from the middle and drop it in the sidebar where you’d like it to be visible. Most widgets have a small options panel that will appear once you’ve added them to a sidebar.

On pages and posts other than the home page, the default sidebar will be visible unless a more specific one is in use. For example if you place a widget in the pages sidebar and you view a page, then the pages sidebar will be shown. If there are no widgets in the pages sidebar and you view a page, then the default will be shown. If there are no widgets in the default sidebar either, then the area will be blank.

To create unique sidebars on any page, you will need a plugin like the Custom Sidebar. This plugin will let you create new sidebars that appear in certain situations such as a specific page or category.

Lastly if you have a caching plugin such as WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache installed, make sure you deactivate it while you’re making these changes otherwise you won’t be able to see them.

If you need any help, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar not showing’ is closed to new replies.