Sidebar Footer Insertion into category

Support Area Forums Elite Sidebar Footer Insertion into category

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
URL to the page in question: http://iracknet.com
  • Author
    kevin davies
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Its been a while since we last spoke. I trust you are well.

Could I ask your opinion on this issue please? I am struggling to get the footer to appear on certain areas using the sidebar widget you recommended when I wanted to have multiple home pages.

The pages that are missing the footer are: News and FAQ

Could you take a look and let me know if there’s an easy solution please?

I did originally have a link in there for myself and org themes but they have since replaced both 🙁

Thanks.
    Kevin

Bill Robbins

Hello Kevin,

All is well here. Hope things are going well for you across the pond.

I’m guessing there is something going on with the footer widget area and archive pages. It looks like the FAQ and News are both types of archives. My best guess from the front end of the site is that the footer sidebar (or the widgets in it) are set to be visible in the single view but not the archive.

Check on that and see if that doesn’t bring back the missing widgets.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick.

Take care,
    Bill

kevin davies
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Yes all good over this way thank you. Winter is kicking in now though so its getting cold and generally dark by 4:30/5pm

I have checked and it is set for singular and archive. Screenshot attached. I also added some more areas to the condition group but that hasn’t helped either. Strange one.

Appreciate the quick response.

Thanks,
    Kev

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Let’s make sure that it’s somehow related to this plugin. Could you temporarily deactivate it and check those two pages to see if the footer shows up then? Then turn it back on and let me know what you discover.

Thanks,
    Bill

kevin davies
    Participant

plugin deactivated right now. Still don’t have the footer. However, the footer is built with a page and the page content is loaded with a page content widget into the specified sidebar. Does that make sense?

Bill Robbins

Something is making the footer_sidebar return that it has no widgets in it on those pages. Here’s the code that loads it in the footer:

<?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'footer_sidebar' ) ) : ?>

<div id="footer-sidebar" class="clearfix">

<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'footer_sidebar' ); ?>

</div><!-- #footer-sidebar -->

<?php endif ; // is_active_sidebar ?>

What you could try doing is editing the footer.php file (Appearance section in your dashboard and then edit). Then find the section above and remove the first and last line so that it looks like this:

<div id="footer-sidebar" class="clearfix">

<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'footer_sidebar' ); ?>

</div><!-- #footer-sidebar -->

Let’s see what comes up there with the conditional statement removed.

kevin davies
    Participant

that seems to have made the footer area a tiny bit larger but still doesn’t show the content. I’m just worried I’m misleading you Bill because the footer is made up with a page and has nothing to do with the original footer which has been removed with some CSS you gave me a while ago.

Bill Robbins

Would you mind letting me login and take a look? You can mark the post here as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

kevin davies
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks Kevin,

It looks like the footer sidebar is actually empty. Try adding a copy of the widgets to that sidebar (it’s last in the list on your widgets screen) and see if that won’t do the trick.

Let me know if you have trouble still.

Bill

kevin davies
    Participant

Yes I have tried that before and it ends up rather crushed like you can see (ive left it in for now so you can see what I mean).

The other way seemed to work great as part of home section 10 until I noticed it wasn’t working on those pages.

Thanks,
    kevin

Bill Robbins

I understand now. You can add this to the Custom CSS box in the Advanced tab of the theme options page to make that widget (that has your other widgets in it) full width:

#footer-sidebar .widget.home-page-block {
    	width: 100%;
    }

See if that doesn’t keep them from getting squished.

kevin davies
    Participant

A genius and a gentlemen. Thanks very much Bill. Now I may be tired but which one do I remove to stop the footer duplication now? I’ve tried removing the new home 10 sidebar content but it seems to be still in there. Other than that the new footer area looks much better, compact, and the colours are coming through properly.

Thanks as always. Kevin.

kevin davies
    Participant

All sorted thanks Bill. Appreciate your help. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Bill Robbins

Fantastic news Kevin. Now you can get some rest in peace 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar Footer Insertion into category’ is closed to new replies.