Sidebar

Support Area Forums Moonrise Sidebar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Aaron Tullman
    Participant

Hi Bill,

One more question. I’m using the Content Aware Sidebars plugin to get a sidebar to show up on my blog page (posts page). For some reason, it is being pushed to the bottom, below all posts. Could this be something to do with the theme? Any other recommendations to get a sidebar only on the blog page?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Aaron,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. Any chance you could send over the URL where you’re having sidebar trouble so I can take a look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Aaron,

Never mind, you had posted the URL in another question. I took a look and think I found the trouble. In your Custom CSS, this line has been added:

#content{width:1000px}

That’ll change the width of main content area to 1000 pixels wide which will push down the sidebar below it.

If you need to have your pages be full-width, there is a page template that is full width that you could use instead of adding in the CSS. That might be an option for you to consider, especially if you’ll be using a sidebar in the blog section of the site.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

Aaron Tullman
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the quick response! I don’t have that in my Custom CSS box. Could you point me to where I could change it in the code or to the page template so I could try that?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hey Aaron,

Sorry. It wasn’t in the theme’s Custom CSS, but it’s in a secondary custom CSS stylesheet that’s being loaded:

<link rel="stylesheet" id="custom-css-css" type="text/css" href="http://digedu.co/?custom-css=1&csblog=1&cscache=6&csrev=38" />

My guess is that it might be in the CSS editor that’s part of Jetpack. I think they locate it in the Appearance section.

Let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

Aaron Tullman
    Participant

That worked perfectly! Thanks so much, Bill! Once again, I really appreciate it.

Bill Robbins

Anytime Aaron. Have a great day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.