Side Bars on Staff Pages

Support Area Forums Foundation Side Bars on Staff Pages

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://hyattsvilleaginginplace.org
  • Author
    Rachel Goldberg
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I am trying to get two different sidebars to appear on two different staff pages (neighbors and volunteers). I downloaded content aware sidebars and went to sidebars–>content–> staff and then checked the names of the staff on the page where I wanted the sidebar to appear. For some reason it is still not working but I am not sure why. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Best,
    Rachel

Bill Robbins

Rachel,

Gerat question. It sounds like the new sidebars are set to go with specific individual staff members. What you’ll want to do is set the sidebars to appear based on the appropriate staff group. You may want to also have that work by individual staff members, but in order to actually have different sidebars on your neighbors and volunteers pages you’ll need to replace the staff sidebar in the staff groups.

Also make sure there is a widget in the staff sidebar. Otherwise the sidebar won’t be active and won’t eligible to be replaced.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Rachel Goldberg
    Participant

Thank you for your help! I changed my content aware sidebars settings to exposure: singular, replace:staff sidebar, merge position: top. I also added empty widgets into the staff sidebar, but it still doesn’t seem to be working. Any advice/suggestions?

Bill Robbins

Hey Rachel,

We’ll get there. The staff groups are actually an archive, so you’ll need to set the “singular and archive.” See if that doesn’t do the trick.

Bill

Rachel Goldberg
    Participant

Oh and I also selected the appropriate staff group under the staff group section.

Bill Robbins

Did that get you there?

Rachel Goldberg
    Participant

No, the sidebars are still not appearing.

Bill Robbins

Sometimes I do this to help find missing sidebars. Add a text widget to every sidebar with the name of the sidebar as the title. That way you can see for certain what is appearing where. Check the site and see what you’re able to find and not.

If you’d like to either send over a login to your site, I’d be glad to take a look for you. You can post it here and mark the replay as private and I’ll be the only one who can access it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Side Bars on Staff Pages’ is closed to new replies.