Show entire menu group

Support Area Forums Umami Show entire menu group

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://champathaisushi.com
  • Author
    Jordan Chavis
    Participant

Hello guys. Quick question, I have a menu group “sushi” which is only displaying a small amount of items. In total there are 24 food items assigned to that menu group but for some reason the site only displays 10 of the group.

Bill Robbins

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. By default, WordPress will show ten items per screen in an “archive” page (like the blog page or a menu group archive). With more than 10 here, they are getting cut off.

One way around that would be to create a page and use the shortcode option to insert a menu group. It will display all of the items in the group regardless of how many there are. There are details on how to do that in the Food, Staff and Services section of the theme instructions (https://support.organizedthemes.com/umami/).

The other option is to make a quick edit to the theme. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose queries.php
    3. Replace the entire file with this:

(Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

4. Save your changes.

I believe that should let all your menu items show as well. I’ll be including that code change into the next theme update too.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Jordan Chavis
    Participant

Bill,

Thanks so much for the quick reply and quick fix. This worked! Thanks for the help.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. If you need anything else, just let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Show entire menu group’ is closed to new replies.