Show All staff on one page

Support Area Forums Progress Show All staff on one page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Love this theme

I am working on the staff pages – everything is set-up correctly and working.

however, when the staff is listed there are listed in groups of 10 (I believe this is the default setting). We would like to be able to list all staff on one page (50+ people). I know this would be a long list/page but it is what we prefer.

Is there a way to change the default setting to SHOW ALL for the staff list?

Thanks for your help

Bill Robbins

Samuel,

I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the theme and thank you for your business. It is possible to change the number of staff members that are displayed. The instructions are a bit different depending on the way you’re displaying the staff members. I’ll show you both ways to make the change.

Page Template

1. Go to the appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose page-staff.php and look for this spot:

<?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( ‘post_type’ => ‘staff’, ‘posts_per_page’ => 20, ‘orderby’=>’menu_order’, ‘order’=>’ASC’ ) ); ?>

3. Change the 20 in the line above to -1 and save your changes.

That will show all your staff members regardless of how long the list is.

Archive Method

If you’ve created an archive directly in your navigation by creating a custom link that looks like http://www.yoursite.com/staff then you can use this method:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive-staff.php
    3. Delete everything in the file and replace it with the code below:

4. Save your changes.

That should create an archive that lists all staff members in one spot too.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Samuel
    Participant

Bill – thanks much – was not expecting such a complete answer – appreciate the time you took.

Unfortunately still not working – I’m thinking b/c I have four different staff groups that I want to display all the listings for.

Is there a way I could private message you log in and password info so you could have a look and let me know your thoughts.

THanks

Bill Robbins

Samuel,

I’d be glad to do that. If you’ll send the URL, username and password to support@organizedthemes.com I’ll be happy to take care of that for you.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Show All staff on one page’ is closed to new replies.