shortcodes

Support Area Forums Moonrise shortcodes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    William OConnell
    Participant

I’ve recently picked up our site to make changes. I expected to find shortcode buttons on pages that I create. Are the plugins for the shortcodes not uploaded? I want to create buttons, column text, I also don’t see how to insert a staff group or staff member to a page. libertycreativesolutions.com

Jeff

Bill Robbins

Good question. There are an abundance of shortcode plugins with all manner of button, alerts, toggles, accordions, columns and so on out there already so we didn’t built one specifically for this theme. Feel free to use any favorite you have.

If you need one for columns, the plugin Columns is simple and quite effective at building those.

The staff members are built around staff groups. You can add those groups directly to your navigation menu to create a page for your staff members or there is a widget you can use to add them to the front page.

If you need to use a shortcode to display a list somewhere else, you can do that too. There’s a quick plugin you can download from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6160765/Plugins/moonrise-staff-shortcode.zip that will let you do that. It follows this format:

[staff group="core"]

where core is the slug of the staff group you’d like to display.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

William OConnell
    Participant

Hello Bill. Thank you for your help. I have the plugins activated, but the shortcode is the only thing showing up on a page. I’m sure it’s something simple that I haven’t done. Any ideas? Are there conflicting plugins installed?

http://www.libertycreativesolutions.com/?page_id=630

Bill Robbins

William,

Interesting situation. Something is preventing the columns there from being converted to HTML from the short codes.

What I would suggest trying is turning off all your plugins except the column one. Then see if they work.

If they do, then try turning the other plugins back on, one by one, until they stop functioning. At that point you could decide to keep using the conflicting plugin or choose a different one.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.