short codes

Support Area Forums Moonrise short codes

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    marcus entradilla
    Participant

Hi Bill
    I am trying to find where the shortcodes are (and instructions)…for instance the lead shortcode etc…i have been looking around but I cannot find the info any where.
    Thanks
    Marcus

Bill Robbins

Marcus,

Great question. I don’t typically bundle shortcodes with my themes as I really believe they belong in a plugin instead of a theme. Otherwise you’ll have to remove all the codes when you change themes.

What type of content were you looking to add via shortcode? There are numerous plugins that provide that functionality for you.

If you’ll let me know, I’ll be glad to recommend one for you,
    Bill

marcus entradilla
    Participant

Hi
    Basically I just wanted to know the lead short code in the post…but if you have some sort of list of shortcodes that i can use, that would be great and of course a plugin that you recommend is good as well…
    Cheers
    Marcus

Bill Robbins

Marcus,

I undertand what you’re looking for now. In the demo, one of the blog posts, has a “lead” paragraph at the beginning. Here’s how to add that to a post:

1. Edit the post where you’d like to have a lead paragraph.
    2. Once you’ve written the first paragraph, switch from the visual editor to the “text” editor, by clicking the tab in the top right, just above the main content box of your post.
    3. At the beginning of your lead in paragraph, just before the first word, paste this:

4. At the end of the paragraph, paste this:

Update/publish your post.

That’ll add in the lead class to your paragraph. Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Shelly Peacock
    Participant

Now, i want to know what shortcode plugin you recommend…

Bill Robbins

Shelly,

Great question. For columns, I like a plugin aptly named columns which has a bit easier way of setting them up than some other plugins do.

I’ve been working on one to pair with my themes that has buttons, alerts and a few other odds and ends.

Until I have a chance to wrap that up, I’ve added a few shortcodes to our themes. Moonrise, Foxy and Epic all have the “Lead” style added in. You can use

[lead]Your Content Here[/lead]

To display content with that style. There are also buttons made using this format:

Here the Label Goes Here is once again the text on your button. The http://yourlink.com is the URL you’d like to make the button link to.

If can help at all, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘short codes’ is closed to new replies.