Shop Subcategory Questions

Support Area Forums Elite Shop Subcategory Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Julia Parker
    Participant

Morning Bill. I have two questions.

1. Can I adjust the order of the items as they appear in the subcategories? There are a few items I’d like to show up before others.

2. In the subcategory sections, my photos show up in groups of 6, then there is one random photo by itself and then it goes back to groups of 6. How can I change that?

Thank you,

J

Bill Robbins

Hello Julia,

Let’s see if we can find some answers for you this morning.

1. The easiest way to set the order your products display is with the Simple Page Order plugin. It lets you drag and drop your products (and pages too) to set their order.

You probably have more products than will display on one screen. The way to change that is to go to your products list in your dashboard and then click the screen options tab in the top right hand corner. You can adjust the number of products shown per page there.

2. I’ve attached a screenshot to see if I’m seeing what you’re referring to there. Where one row only has one item and the rows above and below it have three.

In this case that’s caused by the item “4” having a price assigned to it while the other in the row do not. That causes the box for it to be taller than the other items which pushes the row of sync like that. If you’ll add prices to the all or remove all the prices it should make the rows consistent.

If that’s not what you’re wondering about, let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Julia Parker
    Participant

Thanks Bill. So once I’ve installed the plug in I should be able to just move the products from the products page, right? It’s not working that way so do I need to activate something else?

Haven’t tried the changing the dollars yet but that makes sense. That was the screen I was talking about.

Thanks again.

Julia Parker
    Participant

Never mind, I figured it out. If I click on sort by order it works. Thank you!

Bill Robbins

That works too 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Shop Subcategory Questions’ is closed to new replies.