Set up for front page images

Support Area Forums Curator Set up for front page images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Peter Cuce
    Participant

I’m guessing this is obvious, but I can’t figure out how to get the Curator theme to work the way you have it, with the images parading by. Where did you put the images and how did you set it up to have it work that way?

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Peter,

Great question. When you upload an image, you’ll see an option that says “Include on front page.” For any images you’d like to have on your front page, just select “yes” there and save your changes on that image.

All the images that you choose “yes” to there will be displayed on the built-in home page.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Peter Cuce
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Bill.

I have some other questions:

1. If you populate the Portfolio, where does it display?
    2. In the Theme Customization, what does the Static Front Page refer to? I tried any number of settings for this and couldn’t figure out what it was supposed to be changing.
    3. If I populate only the Left Footer and the Right Footer, the Right Footer appears where the Middle Footer would be if it were populated. I was hoping to leave a space. Is the way it is behaving the the correct behavior?

Thanks much.

Peter

Peter Cuce
    Participant

Hey anybody out there?

Bill Robbins

Peter,

Sorry I missed this follow up post of yours. Let’s try to answer your questions:

1. You can add each Portfolio to your navigation. That will create a “page” like this one from the demo. You can add items to the navigation by going to the Appearance section and selecting menu. If you don’t see “Portfolio” in the left hand column, click “Screen Options” in the top right hand corner and make sure the checkbox is selected. You can then add your portfolios to the navigation just like you would a page or category. If you need help with the WordPress navigation system, there is a quick screencast in the video section here that can help out.

2. In Curator the static home page option isn’t used. The theme has a built in home page that appears as long as that setting is set to “display your latest posts” which is the WordPress default. The option is there for themes that are blog focused, like TwentyTen or TwentyEleven where the most recent posts are shown on the front page. You can use this setting with them to specify a WordPress page to be shown. Our Foxy theme is actually set that way.

3. One way around that would be to add a text widget with no content to the middle sidebar. That will cause the right one to shift over to its normal spot with a space in the middle.

If you have any other questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Set up for front page images’ is closed to new replies.