Services redirecting to 404 Error

Support Area Forums Moonrise Services redirecting to 404 Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://karma-k9.com/home/dog-services/
  • Author
    Kat
    Participant

Good morning!

I’m not exactly sure, if this may be connected to the last WP update, but our website is suddenly redirecting to the 404 error page when trying to access the Services section of Moonrise. No changes have been made to our Services in quite some time and we haven’t changed anything else that should affect it, as far as I am aware. I’m illiterate to coding past the basics and I don’t know if that gives any clue as to what may be interfering, but I ran the WP theme check. I have uploaded the results here: http://karma-k9.com/KK9_ThemeCheck_20150518.pdf (also attached).

The Services are the heart of our website, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warm regards,
    Kat.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Kat,

About 95% of the time, a 404 error in WordPress is related to permalinks. Go to Settings in your WordPress dashboard and click on permalinks. Scroll down to the bottom and click save (you don’t have to change anything). That will clear out the permalink cache.

Now try visiting your services and see if they will appear. If by chance they don’t, go back to pearmalinks and choose the default option and save your settings again. Then check a second time.

Let me know if that doesn’t take care of it for you,
    Bill

Kat
    Participant

Hey Bill!

Thank you for your response. I did clear the permalink cache, but upon further investigation of error messages, it seems it was a plugin gone array that caused a conflict somewhere. I disabled all plugins and that resolved the 404, too. Now on the hunt for which plugin caused the issue by activating them again one by one…

Thanks for your always prompt help! Greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,
    Kat.

Bill Robbins

Hey Kat,

I’m glad you found the source of the trouble. If I can help out with anything else, just let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Services redirecting to 404 Error’ is closed to new replies.