Separate Staff Dropdown & Sharing

Support Area Forums Foundation Separate Staff Dropdown & Sharing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: heswilmslow.co.uk
  • Author
    Melanie Hay
    Participant

Hi

I’m just starting out so apologies if this is an easy question. I volunteer at an animal sanctuary and so I’m setting up the staff pages for the different animals. I’d like to setup the top navigation so that we have adopt at the to and then in the drop down different links to each of the different animals. I can see how to separate them out in the backend but can’t seem to bring them into the drop down, is it possible.

Also on each animal profile I’d like to add in social sharing. i know you can add peoples profiles but was wondering if I can add in sharing logos e.g. share via email, facebook,twitter so that people can easily share the animals looking for homes with friends.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Emma

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Emma,

Thank you for your business first of all. I do appreciate it. Great question too. You can link to the individual “staff” members. Here’s how;

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Menus.
    2. In the top right hand corner you’ll see a tab labeled “Screen Options.” Click that.
    3. Make sure the box next to “Staff” and “Staff Groups” is checked.
    4. Once those are checked you should then see a “staff” area on the left where you can add your individual staff members to your navigation menus.

For social sharing there are quite a few plugins that offer that out there. If your site already has the Jetpack plugin, you can use the sharing module that’s built into it. To turn it on, go to Jetpack in your Dashboard, find the tile for sharing and then enable it. Once that’s done, you’ll then have a button there to configure your buttons. That’ll allow you to choose which networks to share to as well as where to place them.

That’s the one that I’ve used most. Beyond that there are literally hundreds of options. One that I haven’t tried, but that looks like a great option is Simple Share Buttons Adder which has lots of good reviews and downloads.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Separate Staff Dropdown & Sharing’ is closed to new replies.