SEO and Plugins

Support Area Forums Moonrise SEO and Plugins

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://gardendelipizza.com/
  • Author
    rob nelson
    Participant

Hello,

Love the layout, having trouble installing Plugins, like yoast etc.

Where are the best spots to use SEO ?

Thank you,

Rob

Bill Robbins

Hello Rob,

Glad you’re liking the theme. When you say you’re having trouble installing plugins, do you mean that you’re WordPress installation isn’t installing them at all, or you’re having a tough time getting Yoast to check the content on your front page?

Most SEO plugins are made to check posts and simple pages when they are making evaluations of the content. When content is pulled in from other areas to generate a page they stumble a bit.

One way to get around that for Moonrise (and other similar themes) is to copy the content from your home page on the front end of your site, and add it to the backend. That way the SEO plugin can take a look at what’s there and make the customary suggestions/evaluations.

Thankfully Google can read the content on your front page nicely so your content will be indexed properly, even if the SEO plugin has a bit of difficulty seeing what’s there.

If I can help out, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

rob nelson
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

When I click the plugins in dashboard there is no place to add a plugin? So my first assumption is that Moonrise does not work with wordpress plugins?

Also, What would be the first page for the theme? Right now I have the contact page scroll into play first but I want an about page to slide in first.

TY

Rob

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Rob,

Thanks for sending over the screenshot. Looking at that, it appears that your site may be part of a “networked” or “multisite” installation of WordPress. These are kind of like miniature versions of WordPress.com.

In that type of set-up only the super-admin has the ability to install plugins. It’s also done on the network screen as opposed to in the plugins section of an individual site.

Try looking in the admin bar at the top of your screen. Is there an item there labeled “My Sites?” If there is then this is a multi-site set-up. If it was created by you, you can click on “My Sites” and then choose “Network Admin” and plugins from there to install a plugin (see attached screenshot).

For the front page, the content there will be loaded based on the widget order. The widgets loaded at the top (in Home Section One) will be first with the others following that.

You can change the order of the widgets, by dragging them to different widget areas. To move the contact further down the page, drag it from the Home Section it is in down to one of the lower ones.

Let me know how that goes.

Have a great Saturday,
    Bill

rob nelson
    Participant

Haha Right, Thank You! I just needed a memory jog! Widgets and the new mini dashboard .

Keep up the great support Bill!

We really appreciate it.

Rob

Bill Robbins

Anytime Rob 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘SEO and Plugins’ is closed to new replies.