Selective sidebars and changing page width

Support Area Forums Progress Selective sidebars and changing page width

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jason Frey
    Participant

Good morning, Bill!

I don’t expect to use sidebars for most of my pages, though I probably will on a couple of them. On those pages where we’re not using the sidebar, I would like to have the content fill up that part of the page that would typically be taken up by the sidebar. Two questions for you, then:

1. Is there an easy way to have certain static pages display the “Page” sidebar and others not? I see in the Widgets section that I can create different sidebars for the Home Page, Staff, Page, Blog, etc but I’m not sure if there’s a way to get more granular than that.

2. How about changing the width of the page so we don’t have so much unused space when there’s no sidebar? It seems like that should be fairly simple, but I’m not sure how to accomplish it.

Thanks for your assistance!

Jason Frey
    Participant

Actually…never mind. Given enough time, I managed to figure out how to do what I wanted. Move along, nothing to see here. 🙂

Bill Robbins

Jason,

Glad you found your answer. The full-page template is a good way to do that for your pages.

If you have other questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Jason Frey
    Participant

Yep, the full-width template was staring me right in the face. Don’t know why it took me that long to, you know, actually use it. 🙂

I do have two additional questions for you:

1. I’d like to make the Staff page full-width as well. How can I update that?

2. This one is ridiculous and obviously user error, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to add a page that link to my blog archive. I thought that could be done by creating a page and using the [archives] shortcode, but that isn’t working. Any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Selective sidebars and changing page width’ is closed to new replies.