Secure Blog

Support Area Forums Foundation Secure Blog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I just purchased the foundation theme for a new ministry we are starting. I’m having issues trying to add a blog page that I would like to password protect for internal use. If I add the page using the Blog Template then update it, when I try to view the page I get an error or message saying no posts match my criteria. My guess is there is another step I’m missing.

I use a different theme for our church site and when I add a page, it is added without any additional work. I can then do whatever it is I need to with that page. I guess I was expecting the same functionality with this theme as well. Do all themes act differently?

By the way I really like the audio layout of your church theme and plan to purchase that to upgrade our church site once I’m done with the ministry site.

ministry site: http://www.familycrisiscenter.com

church site: http://www.lifeatcornerstone.org

Bill Robbins

Mike,

Thanks for your business and sorry for any trouble you’ve had. The blog page template is set to display this message “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.” when it can’t find any posts to display. If your getting a page not found error (Error 404), then the theme will show a list of pages/posts to help people find what they were looking for.

Since you’re just starting this new site, have you published any posts for the blog page yet? I tried clicking on the link above for the ministry site, but I ended up on a domain parking page so I wasn’t able to check for certain yet.

If you do have posts published, let me know and I’ll be happy to take a closer look for you. You can also added post categories directly to the navigation to create “blog” pages as well.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Mike
    Participant

Wow, I’m a goober….I gave you the wrong site name should be

http://www.familycrisisnetwork.com

I did add a post and can now see it on the blog page so it is working. I think I had something else in mind when I added the blog though and was wanting to be able to add content directly to the page. I mayl need to find a plugin of some sort that will allow me to create a page and use it as a type of bbs or open forum for users with passwords.

Also, please don’t apologize for my ignorance, I’m sure your theme will work great once I gather more content and add some color etc. I’m a sql dba by trade and I get easily frustrated at times when it comes to layout and making things pretty. I know what I want but getting there is another story. Thanks again and I”m sure I’ll be contacting you again.

Mike

Bill Robbins

If you’re looking for a forum plugin, I’d suggest the bbPress plugin. It’s the one that’s powering our support section. It integrates nicely with WordPress and would allow your users to directly post to your site outside of just commenting on posts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Secure Blog’ is closed to new replies.