Search results

Support Area Forums Elite Search results

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.igoldd.com
  • Author
    Rama Devi
    Participant

Hello Bill, hope you are doing great. I have a question. When my website is searched on Google, nothing is getting displayed. I am aware that the website has to be Search engine optimized to appear in google search. I have gone through a few tutorials on youtube. But I did find the answer am looking for.

Suppose I search “Organized themes” on google, it appears like the snapshot below. You have the home page first followed by the inner pages in 3 rows. I want my google search results to display my website in the same way as your website is getting displayed. Please let me know how to do this. Am aware that this is beyond support, but it will be great if you can help out.

Thanks

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Rama,

As you’ve likely discovered, there are a multitude of opinions on search engine optimization out there. That’s one of the reasons the WordPress core doesn’t attempt to handle it for users. So the way to take care of that is via a plugin.

There are bunches of them out there, but I’ve found Yoast SEO (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/) to be quite good. It lets you enter a unique title and description for every page and post. It also has some useful reminders as you create content to help that page turn up in the searches for your keywords.

The main limitation of it’s evaluation tools is it can only check content that’s entered into the main content box of a page or post. If it’s entered via a widget or some other means, it can’t check the content there. That doesn’t mean that Google won’t be able to see and index it, just that the plugin can’t evaluate it.

If I had the time, I would create a new SEO plugin that evaluates the page as it’s rendered and not just based on the content entered into the content box.

The plugin will also make a site map for you. That will help create those additional sections below your main page in search results. As Google indexes your site, it’ll start to add those in over time.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Search results’ is closed to new replies.