Safari Problems?

Support Area Forums Agency Safari Problems?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lauren Moore
    Participant

I used this theme to build a website in Safari through Bluehost as an add-on domain. Once I transferred it over to the main domain though it no longer runs properly- it won’t load, and when it does it loads funny. Any chance its not safari compatible?

Bill Robbins

Lauren,

Sorry for the trouble with the move. Most likely the trouble is the result of the moving though. I’d be glad to take a look for you if you’ll send over the URL and see if I can spot anything.

Thanks,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Thanks Lauren,

That is really bizarre about the slideshow. What’s even stranger is if I copy your source code and create a local copy of the page, it works fine. One thing I did notice trying that is the Facebook like box didn’t appear on the local copy which makes me think it may be connected there. So let’s try this.

Go to your widgets and replace the like box widget with a text widget. In the text widget, paste this code:

and save your changes.

See if that won’t help out the slideshow. Also for your footer menu, you may want to move it up just a bit too. Instead of placing it at the end of the footer.php file, try adding it just above this line:

</div><!-- Close Footer -->

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

It is still being really weird and only loading about half of the time. and the new facebook widget does not show information.
    So weird I’m sorry this is happening!!

Bill Robbins

Shoot. It looks like the width wasn’t set in the Facebook code I sent earlier. I just added that in so if you’ll try updating your widget with that, it should work out better now.

On my version of Safari, that cleaned up the timing of the slideshow. Previously it had been a bit inconsistent.

I did notice that it’s taking a while for the pages to be put together. There is a small timer that’s in the footer of the theme that I use to keep track of how long it takes to make a page. Right now it’s taking 3.535 seconds to run 32 queries which is really slow database performance for so few queries. That should definitely take less than a second to do.

What you can do to speed that up is use a plugin like WP Super Cache that will save the generated pages and display them quickly to your visitors. It can also compress your pages too so there is less data to transmit too.

Let me know how that turns out,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

It works perfectly now! Not sure what happened, because I switched it back to the facebook widget. So, thank you!

Bill Robbins

I’m glad to hear it’s working at last. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Safari Problems?’ is closed to new replies.