Revolution slider in place of hero

Support Area Forums Kerygma Revolution slider in place of hero

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Carter Sanger
    Participant

The theme looks great. Is there a way to use the revolution slider plugin (or another slider) in place of the hero content on the home page? The revolution slider can pull from featured images from posts from a particular category.

Thanks,
    Carter

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Carter,

Great question. It should be possible to do that if you don’t mind doing a bit of editing. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose hero-options.php
    3. Replace all the code in this file with this:

(Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

4. At the top where it says “Your revolution slider code” replace that with the template tag for the revolution slider. I would give it to you there, if I knew what it was. Hopefully they have instructions that will show how to add it to a template file. This is where to add it so it replaces the hero section on the home page.
    5. Save your changes.

I think that should do it. If you have questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Carter Sanger
    Participant

Bill,

Thanks! I had to change is_home to is_front_page, but other than that it did the trick. Really appreciate the quick response.

Carter

Bill Robbins

Doh! Sorry about that, but I’m glad you caught my error there. If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Revolution slider in place of hero’ is closed to new replies.