Repeat of custom color issue

Support Area Forums Curator Repeat of custom color issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    shan cieslik
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your help with my raves question. I have a minor problem that I am sure I am just not setting the correct colorization, but it is frustrating for me. I am trying to change my header color and footer color (not the text color). I am able to change the header to #ebdeb7 (this is not the permanent color but one to show you the drastic difference of the colors) and the second background color I have set to the same color scheme. However the footor color is a bluish white color which I have never set for anything that I am aware of. If you could help me I’d be much appreciative. shancieslikinteriors.com

Bill Robbins

Shan,

That looks like an Internet Explorer bug. Here’s how you can squash it.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css and scroll down near the bottom until you see this:

#footer {
      	width: 100%;
      	position: relative;
      	z-index: 200;
      	margin: 0 auto;
      	padding-bottom: 10px;
      	background: #DCDCDC;
      	background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #ffffff 0%, #DCDCDC 100%);
      	background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#ffffff), color-stop(100%,#DCDCDC)); 
      	filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ffffff', endColorstr='#DCDCDC',GradientType=0 ); 
      	-webkit-box-shadow: 0px -3px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);
      	-moz-box-shadow: -2px -2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);
      	box-shadow: 0px -3px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);
      }

3. Delete this line:

filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ffffff', endColorstr='#DCDCDC',GradientType=0 ); 

4. Save your changes.

That should take out the gray/white gradient from Internet Explorer in your footer. If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

shan cieslik
    Participant

Ok thanks. It also appeared to not want to refresh on the same computer despite my refreshing attempts. I switched computers and everything was normal. I found that odd. I will try the code fix. Thanks.

shan cieslik
    Participant

Update time! I received a report from a reliable counterpart who stated she still had blue and white on the header with macintosh (i’m guessing safari I don’t know what they use anymore). I double checked with google chrome and internet explorer and both those browsers came out fine (thanks to your help). I have not checked firefox, but a buddy of mine checked it and he said it was still blueish white on firefox. Eeek. Any suggestions?

Bill Robbins

Shan,

That is so bizarre, but I think I have a solution for you. Here’s what to do:

2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-css.php and look for this spot:

and replace it with this:

3. Save your changes.

Refresh your browser and see if that doesn’t work for you. If you have trouble let me know.

Have an amazing week,
    Bill

Christina K.
    Participant

Hi,
    Having same issue with the gradient. It works fine in Chrome, not working in Firefox. Did all that you suggested. Please help.

http://mtcleaningme.com/
    Here is a screenshot of both browsers side by side: http://mtcleaningme.com/images/screenshot.png

Bill Robbins

Christina,

Thank you for your business first of all. I believe you found a typo in the Firefox part of the header gradient. It’s adding an extra “2” at the end of the color code which is why the gradient isn’t working like you want it to. Here’s how to fix that:

2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-css.php
    3. Replace all the code in that file with this:

4. Save your changes.

That will remove the two extra “2’s” causing the colors to not work as expected for Firefox.

If you run into any trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Repeat of custom color issue’ is closed to new replies.