Reorder option not available for Staff

Support Area Forums Authentic Reorder option not available for Staff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the Post Types Order plugin activated for Authentic. The reorder option appears in the Podcast menu, but not the Staff. It’ll be easier for my client to reorder by drag-and-drop, so just wondering how I can troubleshoot this.

Bill Robbins

Let me see if I can help out.

I did a bit of experimenting with the plugin and here’s what worked for me:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose “custom-types.php” or if you don’t see that file, then staff.php.
    3. Look for this spot:

'hierarchical' 			=> true,

4. Change it to this:

'hierarchical' 			=> false,

5. Save your changes.

That should bring up the reorder option for you. If all else fails, you can set the order by entering numbers in the order box. Thankfully staff members don’t change all that often.

We also released a significant update to the theme yesterday. You might consider using it. The theme is now responsive so it will work nicely across devices.

Let me know if you need anything,
    Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, Bill, that worked.

For anyone looking for the file, I found it here:

includes folder >> post-types folder >> staff.php

Bill Robbins

Glad that worked. If you need anything else, let me know,
    Bill

ancd
    Participant

Where is this file in the Foundation Theme. We couldn’t find any file to change the value for “hierarchical.” We looked through every possible staff.php but none is available.

Bill Robbins

Great question. It’s still in staff.php, but you can’t access it with the built-in theme editor. For some reason, WordPress doesn’t allow you to edit files that are inside a folder inside of another folder.

But you can edit the file using a plugin like WP Editor which replaces the built-in editor with a vastly improved one.

After you install and activate the plugin, you can find it by clicking on the “includes” folder and the “post-types” folder that’s inside it.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Reorder option not available for Staff’ is closed to new replies.