removing powered by difficulties

Support Area Forums Elite removing powered by difficulties

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    sensei m
    Participant

Hi I tried removing the powered by ..off the website by searching your support tickets.
    and added the code below to custom-css.php

.site-poweredby {
    text-indent: -9999px;
    }

now when i updated the file and refreshed the website. its completely white. I tried to just delete but its not working

Sorry can you help?

meandmommystuff.com

Bill Robbins

Unfortunately it looks like that created a PHP error which will lock you out of your site. To get back in here’s what to do:

1. Go to your web host’s control panel and find the file browser or use a FTP program to browse the files on your server.
    2. Go to the wp-content/themes folder and you should see a folder there named elite.
    3. Change the name of elite to elite1
    4. Go to your site’s admin and refresh your page. You should be able to log back in now.
    5. Go to Appearance and select Themes. Activate one of the default themes.
    6. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    7. In the theme selection drop-down menu, choose elite.
    8. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-css.php
    9. Replace all the content there with this:

(be sure to copy the code directly from our forum and not via the email)

10. Save your changes.
    11. Next go back to the wp-content/themes folder and rename elite1 back to elite

Now you should be able to log back into your site and use the theme again. Preview it before activating it to make sure it’s working.

Back to the CSS snippet, go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste that in there.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

sensei m
    Participant

Oh man.. I changed elite to elite1 and everything was working fine until i activated to default theme…idk if i activated the wrong one but everything is still all white and i cant finish the steps you gave me

Bill Robbins

Try starting over, but this time, don’t activate the default theme.

sensei m
    Participant

…I cant even sign back in to my admin

Bill Robbins

You’ll have to go back to your host’s control panel and the file browser again. If you activated the elite theme again, then change it back from elite1 to elite. If you activated another theme, then add a 1 to the folder that goes with it. That will manually deactivate it and should let you log back in.

sensei m
    Participant

Ok perfect I got it…thank you
    being that I did it backwards I set it to ELITE
    for the last step should i reset Elite to Elite 1?

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. I’m glad you’re back up and running again. Since your theme folder is at elite now, you’re good to go. WordPress keeps track of things like widgets by the theme name and folder name. So by keeping the folder at elite, it should preserve your widgets and a few other odds and ends.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘removing powered by difficulties’ is closed to new replies.