Removing Links

Support Area Forums Umami Removing Links

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: dev.jams-deli.com
  • Author
    Sarah Lanse
    Participant

I posted about this several weeks ago, and the response is here: https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/removing-links/

I followed the instructions provided to remove hyperlinks from the service menu, which I am using as a catering menu. However, the hyperlinks keep coming back. Does that have to do with the fact that the service-item.php is in the main theme and not the child theme? Or is there something else I need to do?

Bill Robbins

You are correct. If you make an edit to a file in the parent theme and then the theme is updated, the changes will be removed in the update.

If you’ll make the changes in a child theme they will persist between updates to the parent theme.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Sarah Lanse
    Participant

SO is the best thing for me to just copy that file into the child theme and make the update?

Bill Robbins

That’s the best option. The file is located in a folder called layouts in the parent theme so when you copy it to the child theme, create a folder in the child called layouts and place the file there. That should allow WordPress to pick it up and use it instead of the updated copy in the parent theme.

Sarah Lanse
    Participant

Ok I think it worked! Thanks for your awesome help!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic! Let me know if you run into any other questions 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Links’ is closed to new replies.