Removing Demo Content

Support Area Forums Grassroots Removing Demo Content

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

Hi,
    I installed the demo content for “Grassroots”. however I realized I won’t have time to work on it before our family volunteer day next week, so I put this on the backburner and re-activated “Agency” theme. Now my website looks horrible!

I can’t get the Agency theme to look like it did before I downloaded the sample content on Tuesday. I went back to the revisions before the download. I’ve deleted Grassroots. I’ve deleted and reinstalled Agency, but no luck.

IS there anything I can do to make the Agency theme look like it did before I loaded the Grassroots Demo Content?

Bill Robbins

When you install sample content, you’re actually adding new pages, posts, staff members, navigation menus and so on to your database. Those pieces of content aren’t tied to a theme which is a good thing overall. That way you don’t have to start from scratch every time you change themes.

In this instance though, if you don’t have a backup you can restore, you’ll have to go through your pages, posts, staff navigation and so on and manually delete the imported content. Without a backup that’s the only option.

What I do now when testing out something new, is I make the changes on a copy of my site. That way if anything goes wrong, I haven’t threatened my site. Some hosts make it simple to create a staging site like that.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Demo Content’ is closed to new replies.