Remove caption from lightbox

Support Area Forums Foundation Remove caption from lightbox

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Cordula
    Participant

First, I’d like to thank you for this great theme!

I have a question concerning the gallery, especially the lightbox. I generated a gallery page. When clicking on a picture, the lightbox opens.

I would like to remove the name of the picture which is displayed at the bottom of the lightbox. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards
    Cordula

Bill Robbins

Cordula,

Thank you for your business first of all. I do appreciate it. Great question too. You can remove the name. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

div.jquery-lightbox-title {
      	display: none;
      	visibility: hidden;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should take care of the titles for you. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Cordula
    Participant

Bill, thank you very much for your instant reply. Your suggestion solved my problem very nicely.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
    Cordula

Cordula
    Participant

I am sorry, but I have a follow up question.

On my gallery page, I’ve got some weird arrows on the top right, slightly overlayed with the menu (see attached screenshot). What could this be?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best
    Cordula

Bill Robbins

Questions are always welcome. Great one too. It looks like that is probably set to use the gallery format. In the Foundation theme what that does is take any images that have been uploaded while editing that page/post and turn them into a slideshow. The arrows that you’re seeing are the ones that belong to the slideshow.

It looks like you’re wanting to use a thumbnail gallery there which is great. Just change the format back to standard and that should remove the arrows.

Let me know if it gives you any trouble,
    Bill

Cordula
    Participant

Fabulous! Thank you very much once again and thanks for the detailed information which made me understand quite a bit about galleries.

Regards
    Cordula

Bill Robbins

Anytime. The formats are one thing that WordPress doesn’t have a method for theme authors to change the names. It would be great if I could change the label to slideshow from gallery to make things more clear for everyone.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove caption from lightbox’ is closed to new replies.