Reduce font size in header

Support Area Forums Foundation Reduce font size in header

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Matt Lawrence
    Participant

Can you help with css to reduce font in header?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Matt,

Thank you for your business first of all. You can use this snippet in the Custom CSS box on the theme options page to change the font size of the title:

#text-logo h1 a, 
    #text-logo h1 a:visited, 
    #text-logo p a, 
    #text-logo p a:visited {
    	font-size: 30px;
    }

To change the tagline font size, use this:

#tagline h2, 
    #tagline p {
    	font-size: 18px;
    }

Just change the 30 or 18 to the size in pixels you’d like to use. Update your settings and that should make the changes for you.

If you run into any trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

PL2VETS
    Participant

Bill

In a future revision could there possibly be a font selection box added in the header setup to select the font type, font size and font color so we don’t have to manually go in and change the code.

Also, my site title font is very large and over lapse the tagline. I did not see any features that allows for alignment of the tagline or font size changes.

Thanks

Jeff

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

I have a major revision to the theme that should be delivered perhaps as early as tomorrow. It’s responsive and changes how the logo and tagline are positioned so you can have quite long titles without them overlapping (the current version has them absolutely positioned). You can also turn off the tagline if you need to.

Outside of colors I haven’t added in options for fonts/sizes because WordPress’ theme customizer doesn’t have support for those built in. The new version is set up to make extensive use of the theme customizer so you can get a live view of your changes before you commit them on the front of your site.

Have you considered using the fontifc plugin? It’s a great way to visually edit your text and has Google fonts integration too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Reduce font size in header’ is closed to new replies.