Read More..no working on home page posts

Support Area Forums Grassroots Read More..no working on home page posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://elct-selvd.org/
  • Author
    Rhonda Schultz
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I would like each blog post shown on home page to have “read more..” clickable to the whole post.

I can’t figure out how to fix this. On the home page, each post is setup as a Features Posts Widget. The settings are:
    Content Display: Show Exerpt
    Limit content to 100 characters
    More text: Read More..

However, the content is cut off mid-way and there’s no “Read More..” inserted. Is this automatic? Do I have something setup wrong? Or do I need to do a manual Read more?

I found a 55 character cut-off in my searching (can’t recall details now) and when I tried that it didn’t work.

thank you!
    Rhonda

Bill Robbins

Hi Rhonda,

Sorry for the trouble there. That widget is a not as straightforward as I should have made it. The excerpt and the content limit are two separate options. So if you select excerpt, WordPress will display whatever is entered into the excerpt field or the first 55 words of the post. If you go with the content limit option, then you can use the field for it to set how many words will be displayed as well as the read more text.

I believe if you go with the content limit option instead of the excerpt it will make your read more text into a link that takes you to the post. If that doesn’t end up being the case for you let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Rhonda Schultz
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you! I have used the excerpt and the read more came up perfectly.

Thanks, love this template!
    Rhonda

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Rhonda,

So glad to hear that you’re loving the template and that fixed your problem. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Read More..no working on home page posts’ is closed to new replies.