Quotation Marks in Text Content Screws up WordPress

Support Area Forums Elite Quotation Marks in Text Content Screws up WordPress

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ray Wong
    Participant

Thanks again for all your help. I have another question.

I encountered this problem earlier but it was okay because it looked alright on the finished page. But now that I want to edit my content its a problem.

Whenever I have quotation marks in my text content, and then go back to that page to edit in wordpress, it has screwed up wordpress, where everything after the quotation marks either has embedded itself into the gutter areas between input fields or just is gone. But it looks fine in the published page.

I usually have to delete the whole page and start again if I want to edit text.

Thanks,
    Ray

Bill Robbins

Ray,

Thank you for your business and sorry for the trouble there. WordPress sometimes uses single quotes as a way to introduce a block of code. When that happens different formatting is applied to that section. It sounds like that may be what’s happening here.

Is there any way you could create a page on your site, add in the quotes so that it causes the layout trouble and then send me a link to it? I can take a look and let you know for sure.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Quotation Marks in Text Content Screws up WordPress’ is closed to new replies.