Quick Links Widget

Support Area Forums United Quick Links Widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m having difficulty excluding pages from the Quick Links widget. What should I be typing as the “Page ID” in the Exclude section? I’ve tried using the titles, and also the slugs, but neither seems to work.

http://www.servingyourpurpose.com (Welcome tab)

Thanks!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

Hello Ashley,

Great question. It’s not easy to find the ID’s in WordPress. What you’ll want to do is edit the page you’d like to exclude. Look at the URL to that page you’re editing. It should end something like this:

?post=16122&action=edit

In this case the 16122 is the ID of the page. That’s the number you’ll most likely need there.

Give that a shot and let me know if you run into trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Thanks Bill! I found the page ID’s and was able to update the widget successfully.

Now, is there any way to add POSTS to the Quick Links Widget? I’d love to have quick links to both posts and pages together under the Welcome tab. Would a Text widget be best for this with embedded html links? (I just like the styling of the Quick Links widget so much.)

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Have you tried using the “Recent Posts Widget?” It creates a simple list of the latest posts on the site. That might be a good way to have something that looks like the Quick Links widget.

Ashley Davis
    Participant

I don’t believe the Recent Posts Widget allows you to select Pages. I want mostly Pages to be displayed with one or two posts.

Bill Robbins

Sorry I misunderstood. You could use the Navigation Menu widget. It’ll let you select a WordPress navigation menu. Those can be made up of pages, posts, or any URL’s you choose. That’s probably the best way to have pages and post in the same list.

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks! Even kept the check marks, which I like a lot. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Enjoy your afternoon 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Quick Links Widget’ is closed to new replies.