Questions on photos in blog feed on main page of foundation theme

Support Area Forums Foundation Questions on photos in blog feed on main page of foundation theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Dale Eby
    Participant

Can you tell me please how to enable the photos to show in the blog feed on the main page. I have no problem with the text. The photos from the blog post only show after you click the read more button and read the actual blog post.

The second question I have is there a way to set when the read more button cuts off the text. For example could it be after 60 words, or where I decide.

Here is a site that uses foundation that has it working.

I am sure it is something simple. It is eluding me though.

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Dale,

Great question. You can change the Foundation theme so it works that way. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php and look for this spot:

<?php the_content_limit(275, "Read More"); ?>

3. Replace it with this:

4. Save your changes

That will let your full content be displayed up through the more tag being used.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Bill

Christina K.
    Participant

For example, I do not want the pictures in the post to show until someone clicks to “read more” in order to see it because it messes up with my front page. Is it safe to say to just do the reverse of this in order to do that? Before the “upgrade”, it did this and now it seems the home page now shows images within in the post excerpt and it messes up my alignments. Thanks for any help!

Bill Robbins

Christina,

You can just reverse that method above to keep your images from displaying on the home page. You’ll still be able to add a feature image to cause it to display beside the post, but any images inserted into the post content wouldn’t display.

If you run into trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Christina K.
    Participant

http://erickson-foundation.org/images/sceenhomebefore.png

this shows how i don’t want it, with the coding i have above to now show pics within a post on my homepage excerpt.

below is a shot with same coding, but i had to manually put the picture that was within the content way lower in the page in order for it not to show. before, it didn’t do that. any thoughts?

http://erickson-foundation.org/images/screenhomeafter.png

Bill Robbins

Christina,

Somehow or another there is an extra opening paragraph tag before the content of each post.

Here’s the full source code for the home posts section:

You might try replacing all of it and see if that gets everything back to normal. That should keep the images out of your posts too on the homepage.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions on photos in blog feed on main page of foundation theme’ is closed to new replies.