1. How do I add the year to the copyright statement so it updates automatically?
2. How do I make an email address a link?
3. How do I make the Twitter and Facebook icons open in a new tab when clicked?
We should be able to take care of those things for you.
1. The default copyright statement will update the year automatically. If you want to have a custom one do that, you’ll need to edit the footer file directly. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Edit. From the list of files on your right, choose (Footer – footer.php). Look for this section:
Save your changes. That would have the copyright symbol, the current year followed by what’s currently in the footer text in the theme options.
2. I don’t believe you can insert a link into the footer contact area. I think the theme options will strip it out for security reasons. So let’s edit the footer again. The line you’ll want to change is this: