Proper size for home page featured image

Support Area Forums Kerygma Proper size for home page featured image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://gatewaychristiancenter.org
  • Author
    John Bowling
    Participant

What should my image size be for my homepage featured image? I’ve tried several things and kind of settled for what fit by default. i would however like more control over what is seen in the future.

thanks for your help

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

Full size background images can be tricky because how much is shown or cropped depends mostly on the user’s browser size. More specifically, it depends on the aspect ratio of their browser window.

If the browser is really wide, you’ll have more cropping at the top and bottom of a landscape image. If the browser window is really narrow, then you’ll have more cropping on the left and right and more of the image will be seen top to bottom.

Since you’re using the default hero size of 600 pixels, I would try to size my images so that the main content has a good bit of buffer on the top and bottom. I don’t mean adding in a border, but just having the image zoomed out a bit so to speak so that if the browser has to crop some off the top/bottom it has space in the image to do that.

I would probably look to size my images around 1200 pixels tall by 2000 pixels wide. That’s roughly what they are set at in our demo. It’s not an exact science since it depends somewhat on the image being used.

If I can help, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

John Bowling
    Participant

thank you that helps

john

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that helps out. Sorry there isn’t a hard and fast rule here.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Proper size for home page featured image’ is closed to new replies.