Progress Slider

Support Area Forums Progress Progress Slider

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    David Sachs
    Participant

When I upload images to the slider, it doesn’t seem to adjust to the slider image size. The image covers the donation bar and the bottom plugins. I’ve adjusted the image size in photoshop but the size of the image doesn’t change.

Bill Robbins

David,

Thank you for your business first of all. Could you send over a link to where you’re working with the theme so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

David Sachs
    Participant

Hi Bill, the site can be found at 1can2can.org. As you can see, making the image smaller doesn’t seem to affect the framing, as the image is blown up to still cover necessary info.

Thanks so much for your help!

Bill Robbins

David,

Sorry for the trouble. Here’s how to change that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) { 

#slideshow {
      		height: auto;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings

Part of the slideshow being responsive, images will stretch to fill the full width of that area. This should keep them from overlapping though.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

David Sachs
    Participant

Hi Bill, thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately, it didn’t seem to take. I added the following code to the custom css box in the styling tab of the theme options:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) { #slideshow {height: auto;}}

Thank you for your quick responses thus far! 🙂

David Sachs
    Participant

oh wait, looks like it worked after all. the image is the same size, but the rest of the content is pushed down. is there a way to set auto slider dimensions to the demo site? Thanks again!

Bill Robbins

Glad that worked. If you can, size your images to be 960 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. The size that’s used in the demo and works out to be a good proportion. Since the images will stretch, the one on your site now actually ends up being 641 pixels tall.

If you don’t have an image editor, there is a basic one that’s built into the WordPress media library. Just click on an image and select edit. It can’t do a lot, but it can crop and scale.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

David Sachs
    Participant

Thanks so much Bill, you’re the best. Is there a site you like that I can add a review or referral for you?

Bill Robbins

That would be great. If you’d like to leave a quote here, I’ll add it to our customer quotes.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Progress Slider’ is closed to new replies.