Progress site not loading in smart phones, note pads

Support Area Forums Progress Progress site not loading in smart phones, note pads

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Neil Batiancila
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m using the “Progress” theme for my website and everything looks great until I started checking it on smart phones, note pads, etc, and realized that my site doesn’t load up. In other words, it’s not responsive.

Would appreciate your help in this.
    Neil
    http://www.changeyourworld.com.my

Bill Robbins

Thank you for yourbusiness first of all. I took a look at the site, but the URL is giving me a not found error. Just making sure that the URL is http://www.changeyourworld.com.my/

Let me know and I’ll be glad to take a look.

Thanks,
    Bill

Neil Batiancila
    Participant

Yes sir it is.

Are you not able to view it from there?

I have no problem looking at it on my computer but on my smart phone or iPad… I’m not able to see anything. It keeps pointing me to another site like freeandbest.ru/go.php.

Funny.

Bill Robbins

Neil,

The redirection is what I saw last night on my iPhone. If that’s not something that you set up, it sounds like you may have been hacked. I didn’t see anything on my Mac in your source code so the redirection is being added only when viewed on a mobile device.

It could be placed inside a plugin. You could try disabling all your plugins and see if the redirection is still there. If it isn’t, then turn them back on, one by one until you find the problem.

If it’s not a plugin, then is possible it was added to a file in the root of your WordPress installation called .htaccess. This file controls your server’s behavior and can do redirections. You can access it with your web host’s control panel or a FTP program.

The hackers could have made changes to your theme. Try installing the TwentyTwelve theme (it will be the new default theme in WordPress 3.5) and see if the redirection is still there. If it isn’t, then delete Progress and reinstall it. That will restore the files to their original state and remove the hack.

I ran a quick malware scan of your site (http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.changeyourworld.com.my/) and the results indicated that there is a redirection hack in your htaccess file. More than likely, you can just delete that file from your WordPress installation. You’ll have to reset your permalinks, but removing the file should take care of it. You’ll also want to change your WordPress and web hosts passwords to help ensure it doesn’t happen again.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Neil Batiancila
    Participant

Thanks Bill.

Removing the htaccess file did the trick!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Progress site not loading in smart phones, note pads’ is closed to new replies.