Problems with Staff Page images…

Support Area Forums Bottega Problems with Staff Page images…

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Talisman
    Participant

Hi, Bill!

A few issues:

1. My client asked me to take the Facebook sidebar widget off the staff page, which I’ve done. However, I can’t seem to force the page to display full-width, even with that sidebar item gone. I’ve set the CSS for page-staff.php to use

, and I deleted the sidebar coding in sidebar-staff.php. No luck. How do I get the page to display full-width?

2. I want the staff thumbnail images to be larger, as they are chopping people off. I’d like them to basically be the usual 4:2 format, whether the image is vertical or horizontal. I’ve tried tweaking the images.php CSS, but my adjusted sizes aren’t making any changes to the thumbnails. I’ve checked in other browsers, but they’re all the same.

3. Even though all the images in my Media Library are right-side up, some are showing up flipped sideways when you load the staff page (http://thetalismanrestaurant.com/main/the-team-2/). I’ve tried everything I can think of without success–editing the images offline, editing them in WordPress, re-uploading, refreshing, etc. Everything’s right-side up in the Media Library preview, but some turn sideways on the staff page.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Jennie

Talisman
    Participant

Whoops. I see it deleted the code I typed in. I meant to say I set the page to “page-full” without it doing anything….

Talisman
    Participant

Update: I found that if I cropped all the images to match the thumbnail size, they would display correctly. However, the page is still loading with an invisible sidebar. I’d like to get rid of that so the text will load correctly across the entire page.

Thanks!

Jennie

Bill Robbins

Jennie,

Good to hear from you. Let’s see if we can get things going for you.

The thumbnails are set to work proportionally. The full size one is 400 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall and the smaller one in the staff listing is 200 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall.

You can change those in the images.php file, but those changes will affect future uploads. To change images already uploaded, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

You can also make the staff listing full-width. Paste this into your Custom CSS box or add it to the bottom of the style.css file:

.page-template-page-staff-php #content {
    	width: 100%;
    }

.page-template-page-staff-php #sidebar {
    	display: none;
    }

Update your settings and that should let the staff page be full width.

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with Staff Page images…’ is closed to new replies.