Problems Slide Images Display.

Support Area Forums Epic Problems Slide Images Display.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jerry Chavez
    Participant

I notice Slide has erratic behaviors.

1. If no Slide image added, home page intermittently displays empty place holder without even moving the scroll bars or mouse.
    2. If Slide image has been added, it will also display Sample Data video on home page even though that video is not found on Admin.
    3. Slide image place holder size is nor responsive to image size.

Bill Robbins

Hello Jerry,

Please always include the URL to your site. That way I can take a look at things for you.

To use the home page template, you do have to add at least one slide. If you don’t need the slideshow, then you’ll want to use the default page template for your home page.

Every published slide must have a featured image set. It sounds like at least one slide may be published without an image.

The image sizes, especially the width can’t be smaller than the ones in the suggested image sizes (the suggested sizes are in the theme instructions at the top of the sidebar). If the width is smaller than the set size, the browser will enlarge the image so that it fits.

For your best results, size the images to be the same exact dimensions. That will keep things consistent.

Thanks,
    Bill

Jerry Chavez
    Participant

Here is the temporary link: http://78b.1eb.myftpupload.com/

By the way, I am very pleased with your template, impressed with WordPress, and astonish to say the least with your Exceptional support! You deserve all the success that comes your way.

Jerry Chavez
    Participant

By the way, is there a way to have all my posts to automatically notify me via email when you reply, I have to keep checking the box below to notify me.

Thanks Bill.

Bill Robbins

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for sending over the link. I took a look and it appears that there are five slides published on your site at the moment. One of them has an image of the Pope. One of them is using the same video from the sample content. The other ones are missing featured images which are the actual images of each slide.

When you remove a featured image, it doesn’t change the status of the slide from published. To do that, edit a slide and look in the right hand column. Near the top will be a box labeled publish. The status will be listed at the top in this box next to a link you can use to change the status of the slide. If it’s an empty slide you can either delete it or change its status to pending or draft. That will take it out of the front end of your site.

The image of the Pope looks to be a bit small. It looks like it’s 536 pixels wide by 431 pixels tall. The browser will force the width to be 960 pixels wide and that will stretch the height to match. For best results size your images to be 960px wide by 540px tall before uploading.

It does look like you are subscribed to this topic. You can view your subscriptions at https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/users/chavezj/subscriptions/

Right now I only offer per topic subscriptions as the per forum ones were killing my inbox with bounced email when people changed addresses.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems Slide Images Display.’ is closed to new replies.